Sodium hydroxide (lye) is an essential component of making soap. Our sodium hydroxide is in bead form. We chose beads because we find them easier to work with than flakes. They also dissolve more easily and flow out of the container with ease. If static is an issue, wipe your measuring container with a dryer sheet before filling with lye. Our lye is sourced in the USA and is 99.2% pure!
You can't make soap without lye! In its pure form lye is caustic. Once added to oils and water, the process of saponification occurs and no lye is left in the final product (soap) if used correctly.
Lye can only be shipped ground and for this reason, we ship lye to 48 contiguous states and Canada only! If you order this item and you are not in the contiguous 48 states or Canada, we will NOT send it with your order!
Lye is hazardous. By purchasing this product you agree to the following:
- You will be using this product to make soap only.
- You will keep the product from children and pets.
- You will not resell this product (lye).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You assume all responsibility for safe use and proper storage.
- You understand lye is poisonous and can cause death if ingested.
- You understand that lye can cause bodily harm.
- You have read the SDS and understand safe handling, disposal, and use of lye.
- The majority of supplies Nurture Soap offers are made in America.
- Many of our products are made in-house at our factory in Huntington, IN.
- We require documentation from all of our suppliers ensuring that all products are ethically sourced and no child exploitation is involved.
- We will not buy from regions (such as India) that are known for utilizing children for labor.
- We have a large recycling bin on site and we recycle all cardboard, plastic, etc.
- All UPS shipments are shipped carbon neutral at no extra cost to you.
We care about the impact on our local communities, the earth, and all living creatures. We strive to make as little impact on the environment as possible.
All products Nurture Soap sells are cruelty-free and vegan. All products we offer have been thoroughly researched by us. We have personally visited the facilities of many of our suppliers to see for ourselves. We absolutely will not knowingly offer any product that may have been tested on animals by our suppliers or by third parties.
Carrie Jack - Animal enthusiast - Owner at Nurture Soap Inc. and mom to two rescue dachshunds (Mojo and Sadie) and three former stray cats (Kitty, Loki, and Homer) who rule the roost (and her heart)!
You may also like
The only lye that I will buy. High quality lye!
Very good package, and great price
This is my go-to lye and it is very high quality!
Works great and arrived very well packaged
This is my go-to for ordering Lye. I make all kinds of soaps- coffee soaps, clay soaps, tallow soaps- this Lye never fails. The packaging is great and super convenient!