Sodium hydroxide (lye) is an essential component of making soap. Our sodium hydroxide is in bead form. We chose beads because we find them easier to work with than flakes. They also dissolve more easily and flow out of the container with ease. If static is an issue, wipe your measuring container with a dryer sheet before filling with lye. Our lye is sourced in the USA and is 99.2% pure!
You can't make soap without lye! In its pure form lye is caustic. Once added to oils and water, the process of saponification occurs and no lye is left in the final product (soap) if used correctly.
Lye can only be shipped ground and for this reason, we ship lye to 48 contiguous states and Canada only! If you order this item and you are not in the contiguous 48 states or Canada, we will NOT send it with your order!
Lye is hazardous. By purchasing this product you agree to the following:
- You will be using this product to make soap only.
- You will keep the product from children and pets.
- You will not resell this product (lye).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You assume all responsibility for safe use and proper storage.
- You understand lye is poisonous and can cause death if ingested.
- You understand that lye can cause bodily harm.
- You have read the SDS and understand safe handling, disposal, and use of lye.
This sodium hydroxide is the best, no static issues and we have not had 'debris' to contend with.
This is much needed, but the price keeps going up. Without this ingredient, you cannot make soaps.
i loved working with this lye i wont buy any other anymore perfect
will get again!