CoA | SDS
Sodium hydroxide (lye) is an essential component of making soap. Our sodium hydroxide is food grade and in bead form. We chose beads because we find them easier to work with than flakes. They also dissolve more easily and flow out of the container with ease. If static is an issue, wipe your measuring container with a dryer sheet before filling with lye. Our lye is sourced in the USA and is 99.2% pure!
Our 2 lb size comes in a wide mouth static-free plastic bottle. If you're tired of using beads that fly about and don't want the dust of flakes, choose this size. It pours perfectly and we have experienced NO STATIC with these great static-free jars!
You can't make soap without lye! In its pure form lye is caustic. Once added to oils and water, the process of saponification occurs and no lye is left in the final product (soap) if used correctly.
This listing is for one pound (16 ounces) of lye. Lye can only be shipped ground and for this reason, we ship lye to 48 contiguous states and Canada only!If you order this item and you are not in the contiguous 48 states or Canada, we will NOT send it with your order!
Lye is hazardous. By purchasing this product you agree to the following:
- You will be using this product to make soap only.
- You will keep the product from children and pets.
- You will not resell this product (lye).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You assume all responsibility for safe use and proper storage.
- You understand lye is poisonous and can cause death if ingested.
- You understand that lye can cause bodily harm.
- You have read the SDS and understand safe handling, disposal, and use of lye.