Soap Making Essentials
It takes three things to make cold process soaps - Oils, lye, and water. Get the essential ingredients to make great soap here!
Our lye is in bead form, dissolves easily, and produces less static than others.
Our oil blend is premixed, made from food grade oils, super easy to use, and gives lots of luxurious lather. It also traces slowly, giving time to make intricate designs and swirls!
Yes! Our colorants have never been tested on animals and contain no animal products. Carmine is a red color made by boiling and grinding up cochineal beetles and is present in many red colorants. We have formulated red pigments that are outstanding in soaps and other projects without this harmful ingredient.
Our suppliers must certify that any raw material used in pigments, micas, or other products we purchase have not been tested on animals.
Yes, and our ethics go beyond colors.
- The majority of supplies Nurture Soap offers are made in America.
- Many of our products are made in-house at our factory in Huntington, IN.
- We require documentation from all of our suppliers ensuring that all products are ethically sourced and no child exploitation is involved.
- We will not buy from regions (such as India) that are known for utilizing children for labor.
- We have a large recycling bin on site and we recycle all cardboard, plastic, etc.
- All UPS shipments are shipped carbon neutral at no extra cost to you.
We care about the impact on our local communities, the earth, and all living creatures. We strive to make as little impact on the environment as possible.
Yes! We have 11 employees, and half are family. We are a small team of very dedicated and hard-working people. Seriously, Nurture Soap employees are the best! Because we are such a small team, we can pay employees better wages and support many families, their dreams, and their goals.